Get answers to your frequently asked questions here.
Annual Crime Reports
Annual crime reports featuring full statistics. More...
The D.A.R.E. program is designed to help children boost their self-esteem, help to respect others, learn to "Say No" to drug and other negatives and to "Say Yes" to the positive alternatives in the world. More...
Indepth information on how the School Resource Officer program works. More...
Crime Prevention and Safety
How to Protect Your Home from Burglaries
- Do not keep large amounts of money or other valuables at home.
- Lock outside doors at all times, even when you are on the premises.
- Do not open the door to strangers.
- Install dead bolts
- When you move into a new house or apartment, have new locks installed.
- Check door moldings for tight fit.
- Doors should be hinged so no pins can be removed from outside.
- Replace locks with the double-cylinder type (which also need keys on the inside), particularly doors with glass panels.
- Keep garage and tool shed locked.
- Remove all obstructions in your yard that could conceal a burglar breaking into your house.
Away From Home
- Purchase a timer to switch lights on and off.
- Arrange to have mail, milk and newspaper deliveries discontinued or taken care of by a responsible neighbor.
- Inform neighbors and local police of your traveling plans so that special attention will be paid to your home.
Help the Police Help You
- Write down the license numbers of vehicles used by suspicious persons in your neighborhood.
- Keep an inventory of valuables so you will know immediately if anything is missing. Include photographs of jewels and serial numbers of other costly items.
Welcome to the Official website of the Dexter Police Department. We would like to thank you for taking the time to visit our site. More...
Click here for a list of our departments divisions, including a full list of all the Department's employees.
Useful documents and forms can be found here.
Want to help the Dexter PD protect your community? Submit an anonymous "Crime Tip" here.
Information about employment opportunities at our department. More...